Dec 20, 2016

Disney World

Where has time even gone? I had every intention of blogging about my amazing trip to Orlando over Thanksgiving break, and then I turned around and it was the middle of December. Disney World was every bit as amazing as I'd hoped it would be! The best friend and I got to explore all of the parks in Disney and also got to spend a day at Universal (mostly exploring The Wizarding World of Harry Potter). By far my favorite park (not including Universal) was Magic Kingdom. The atmosphere was indescribable and we had a blast checking everything out. I think my favorite part was the firework show in front of the castle- there's only one word to describe it and that's "magical".

Speaking of magic, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter exceeded my expectations tenfold! They seriously thought of every little detail, including Moaning Myrtle in the bathroom! We got to go inside Hogwarts, take a stop in the wand shop, travel on the Hogwarts Express, and explore Diagon Alley. When we first arrived on that part of the theme park, we were so confused because it was set up to be like London. It wasn't until we saw people "walking into the wall" that it hit us that Diagon Alley was BEHIND the wall. Again, they left no detail out! If you ever get the chance to go, I seriously can't recommend it enough!!

When we got back from Disney, we hosted Thanksgiving for some good friends of ours. While we miss our families around the holidays, we both really love having our friends over to celebrate with us. It was a relaxing evening with delicious food and excellent company!

Not much has really been happening this past month except for getting ready for Christmas. We will be making the long drive home to visit with family. This will be the first time we've been home together since we moved last year. We are definitely looking forward to enjoying time with our family and seeing people we haven't seen for quite some time! I'm sure you'll hear all about it around the middle of January, since that seems to be the trend!

Here are just a few pictures of our trip to Orlando! Enjoy, and if I don't blog again before Christmas (and let's be real, the chances of that are really high), I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!!















No comments:

Post a Comment