Nov 15, 2016

Hello November

This last month has been so busy (where I have I heard that before?!) and I obviously haven't found time to blog until now. I suppose I'm staying true to doing monthly updates, so I've got that going for me! The weeks are all running together now, so I'll try my best to remember what all has happened this past month.

I'll start at Halloween weekend and work my way up. That weekend, we got to go to a Halloween party hosted by one of our couple friends. We had a lot of fun going as "Blessings in Disguise" and had a great time catching up with good friends. Good food, good drinks, and good people. What more could you ask for?! That Monday, the husband surprised me by having pumpkins waiting for us when I got home from work (yeah, I had to teach on Halloween--it was comparable to teaching when there's a full moon, but I survived). I decided to carve a cat (because what else would I carve?), while the husband opted to carve our last name. Carving this year was super easy, I'm assuming because the pumpkins had been sitting in the Florida sun; however, they lasted all of one day (really, all of one night). Our two groups of trick-or-treaters got to enjoy them though (that's right, two whole groups)... I'm hoping we get more trick-or-treaters wherever we happen to be next year. 

That next weekend, I hopped on a plane and headed to MO to shoot a wedding with dad. It was a pretty busy weekend, but I'm definitely okay with that since I got to see most of my favorites back home. Picking up the camera and shooting with dad again was also just what I needed. Since I've started teaching, I haven't had much time behind the camera, so to say I went a little trigger happy is an understatement. Dad and I were able to get some great shots of a very beautiful wedding though, and since we don't have another wedding until May, my camera has some time to recuperate.  

Last week was the Marine Corps 241st birthday, and to celebrate, I "made" the husband come to school. I'd like to say it was for fun, but really, my glasses broke on the drive to school and I needed my contacts. Since he had to go in to work to eat cake for breakfast (rough life) after he dropped off my contacts, he came to school in his uniform. My kids were starstruck. One of the kids even went to the library after he left to get a book on Marines. It was really cute to see them love him almost immediately, and it was actually pretty perfect since we had been talking about our military in reference to Veteran's Day that week.

Speaking of Veteran's Day, we got to head to the NAS Pensacola Air Show to check out some aircraft and watch the Blue Angel's show that day. I don't think it matters how many times I watch them fly, I'm always amazed. The husband was also able to get some pretty awesome pictures that day (shared below). I didn't take any with his camera, since I didn't want to show him up. ;)

That next day, we hosted a bonfire. This time, we got to enjoy perfect weather! It's always so fun to have people over just to hang out and relax, and adding a fire to the mix doesn't hurt. We also talked about going camping soon, so I'm hoping we can make that happen!

This weekend (does it count as "being ahead of the game" if I talk about what's going to happen before it happens??), the best friend is headed to Florida, and we are going to road trip it down to Orlando for a few days to enjoy Disney World and Universal Studios. This trip has been in the making for quite some time and I'm so excited the time is finally here! It also helps that it means I'm off of work for an entire week! I'll be sure to blog all about it. Until then, here are a few pictures from the past month!





















No comments:

Post a Comment