Sep 12, 2016

The Month of Celebrations

I should just title this "September", because by the time I finally get around to posting this, September will probably be over. I've been working on this post for well over a week now, and by that I mean I started it last week, and am just now getting back around to it. Whoops!

Quite a lot has happened over the past almost-three weeks. Two weeks ago I celebrated my birthday, and let me just say, I have the most amazing people in my life! Birthdays aren't quite the same when you aren't spending them with your twin, but when you have awesome people in your life to help you celebrate, you just can't help but feel blessed.  I spent the day at a training for 4th grade teachers, and got to come home earlier than normal (working lunches have their benefits) to relax with the husband before he took me out to a wonderful dinner.

I loved getting to hear from everyone on Facebook, through texts, and through phone calls! I even got an amazing picture from my 4th grade teaching team (see below)! On Friday, they spoiled me with delicious treats and fun gifts! I work with some pretty fantastic ladies!!

Over Labor Day weekend, the husband and I ended up relaxing, which is exactly what we both needed. It was nice to actually see him and spend some quality time with him. That Sunday, we had the guys over for dinner and ended up playing some card games, as well as "learning" some magic tricks. It was probably one of the most entertaining nights I've had in awhile!

Last week, the husband and I celebrated our two year anniversary (and by celebrate I mean we had ice cream for dinner). Even though ice cream for dinner is always a win in my book, we decided to go out for an actual date to celebrate. We got dressed up (the husband even wore a tie), and went to The Grand Marlin. After dinner, we went out on the dock to take some pictures (unfortunately we both forgot our cameras at home, so our phones had to do). It was such a beautiful night, and the view was breathtaking!

As for today, it was a typical Monday. You know when you start your day hearing your name followed by, "I just knocked a cockroach off my desk!" it's going to be a good one. Thank goodness for 4th grade boys who aren't afraid of creepy crawlers!!

Here are a few pictures to catch you up over the past few weeks. I know you'll all be disappointed to know I didn't actually get a picture of the cockroach this morning, but you'll just have to do without! ;)













No comments:

Post a Comment