Aug 16, 2016

Welcome to 4th Grade!

It's been a crazy past couple of weeks getting everything ready for school, and I've started several posts to catch you up on what's been happening around here, but I obviously didn't make it very far! The good news is my classroom is all set up now though (minus the pile of school supplies that need to be put away)!  I have also officially survived my first two days in 4th grade, and have met both of my classes!

I can say without a doubt that this year is going to be wonderful! Not only am I teaching two great groups of kids, but I also have an amazing 4th grade team to work with! I'll admit, I was a little nervous to have a new team to work with, after working with the most amazing teacher my first two years, but I really had nothing to worry about! I've been so blessed in my short teaching career to have such wonderful teams to work with! It really makes such a huge difference in how the school year plays out. I love that we are able to collaborate with one another and share our ideas. Being new to 4th grade, and the school, it's been so helpful to have guidance from teachers who have been teaching 4th grade at the school for a few years!

This week, so far (is it only Tuesday?!), has been all about getting to know the kids and teaching procedures and rules in the classroom! It's been so fun doing team building and class building activities (holla for Kagan!), and I'm so excited to really get this year rolling!

Here are the promised pictures of my classroom! These were taken the morning of Meet & Greet. The bulletin boards are waiting for some anchor charts, and the calendar was set up shortly after these pictures were taken! I've also added some final touches to the classroom (like our lunch count on the whiteboard), but you get the gist! :)










2 comments:

  1. I love you did your classroom!! It looks amazing and I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete