Aug 3, 2016

End of July

Finding time to blog about the awesome weekend we had is proving to be just a little difficult this week. On Friday, I found out that I'll be teaching 4th grade (thankfully only reading and writing) instead of 3rd grade this year! I'm thankful I already have friends in the building and that I didn't have to move my classroom by myself. My "old" classroom (can I even call it that?) was basically in no man's land on the far end of the building, but my new (and seriously it is new, not just to me, but also pretty new to the building) is RIGHT at the front of the school. I've been working on getting everything set up this week, and attending new teacher/grade level meetings. Pictures will come later, I promise!

After all the excitement on Friday, I came home pretty exhausted. Moving classrooms isn't for the weak. I could have fallen asleep right away, but the husband insisted on heading to the movies, so to the movies we went! We ended up seeing Bad Moms, which was really entertaining!

Saturday we attended a Pregger Kegger and had a great time enjoying the company of some good friends. We are so excited to meet another little one soon and can't wait until he gets here! After the Pregger Kegger, the husband and I drove up to Atlanta so we could see Grandad who was in town for the DAV National Convention. We got to meet up with him for lunch on Sunday! It was a lot of fun to see him and also see some of Atlanta.

Before meeting up with him, we got to explore World of Coca-Cola for a bit! What a seriously awesome place! We didn't get to see everything, but we have plans to head back up there at some point to check the rest of it out, as well as explore some other fun attractions in the area!













2 comments:

  1. I'm more of a water person myself, but I seriously want to go check this place out! Do you have any places you'd recommend seeing while in ATL? ;) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cocoa-Cola museum for sure! We didn't have much time for anything else, but we will definitely be going back to Atlanta to really explore!

    ReplyDelete