Jul 5, 2016

A Little Bit of June

Wow you guys! It's been quite some time since I've written on the blog... I didn't mean to let it go this long, but you know, life happens (i.e. it's summer and I've been relaxing)! For the most part, things have been pretty calm around here, so I'll just catch you up on some of the things we've been up to!

Last month, all of my teaching things (except for the rocking chair I plan to sand and stain) made it into my classroom with the help of some of the husband's Marine friends (seriously, fastest move ever)! Summer school is being held in my classroom, so I wasn't able to decorate or organize anything quite yet. I'm heading back to MO for a few days next week, so once I get back, I'll be able to go in and get things set up. I've taken some "before" pictures, but will save them for when I have the "after" pictures to show you!

A couple Saturdays ago, we got to enjoy breakfast with the Westons, who were in town for their nephew's wedding. It was so wonderful to see some familiar St. Joseph faces here in Pensacola, and it was great to be able to spend some time catching up with them! 

Later that day, Milton held their annual Blueberry Bash, so the husband and I obviously had to check it out (even though the neighbors across the street grow blueberries and have offered to let us pick some any time we want). We didn't end up picking any, but we did get to meet some really awesome people! One of the guys we met was a photojournalist during the Vietnam War. We ended up buying two of his books- one focusing on his time as a photojournalist during war time, and one where he interviewed veterans from different services and different wars. It was interesting to listen to him tell us first hand accounts of some of his time in the service, and I'm really looking forward to reading both of his books (pictured below). 

That next day, we tried out a new church with some of our good friends, and ended up at The Ruby Slipper for brunch! If you have the chance to go there, I highly recommend the french toast with pineapples. It was delicious!

This past week, the husband's parents came to town, so we spent some time exploring and relaxing on the beach. The husband also finally got to do his first solo in the T-6! I know I always say how proud I am of him, but it's so true! He's doing such a wonderful job, and I love knowing he's doing what he loves! The next part of training for him is aerobatics! He should have a good time with that one!  ;) 













2 comments:

  1. Love it! I haven't blogged in awhile either, the summer has me being lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both! It's easy to be lazy when you live near the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete