Jun 7, 2016

Vacation

I was originally going to write a post about the amazing time I had while my family was visiting us, but I decided to just leave you with some pictures from our vacation, instead of trying to go through everything we did. We packed a lot of activities into two weeks, and as much as I'd love to type it all out (and as much as I'm sure you want to read all the details), I'll just leave it at it was one of the best vacations I've ever had, and let the pictures speak for themselves!

Before I do though, I'd like to announce that I accepted a position teaching 3rd grade here in Florida for next school year! I struggled a lot with the decision to apply for a teaching job, not because I didn't want to teach, but just because we are in a stage of "unknowns", and don't actually know how long we will be here. The husband and I talked it over quite a bit though, and decided whatever happens with his career this year (i.e. if he selects helicopters and gets to stay, or if he selects something else and has to move) we will make it work. I love that man and the way he supports me! After our talk, I bit the bullet and started applying for teaching positions, and I'm so glad I did! I interviewed on the Friday before Memorial Day, and was offered the job the following Tuesday! I was told in my interview I probably wouldn't hear back for quite some time, so I was pleasantly surprised that it only took 1 school day for them to get back to me (and offer me the grade I was hoping for!)! I'm so thankful I can start my summer knowing where/what I'll be teaching next year, and also start planning (I may, or may not, have already ordered, and received, my teacher planner for the school year!). While I'm nervous to be in a new school, and in a new grade, I am beyond excited to be back in the classroom teaching again! I'm sure you will be reading plenty of posts about my adventures in the classroom! ;)

Now, without further ado, here are the pictures from vacation (and really, in no particular order)!






































No comments:

Post a Comment