May 4, 2016

Weekend Fun

This past weekend was so much fun y'all! I'm going to start with Thursday night, because if we are being honest, it was basically already the weekend for me. Thursday night, some of the ladies and I in VT-6 "moo'd" the new COW's (Commanding Officer's Wife) house with cow decorations! It was a blast, and I can only imagine how amazing she looked driving around in her COW decorated van (see pictures below)!

On Friday morning, I met up with a new friend and we hit the gym. I have my go-to exercises when I go to the gym, and spend a majority of the time doing cardio, with a little pinch of "weight lifting" thrown in. This time though, we did new exercises (that I definitely felt the next day). It was fun to try new things since I'm usually at a loss of what to do. It was also fun to meet someone new!!

On Saturday, the husband and I got invited to go boating! We haven't been boating in quite some time, and we definitely enjoyed ourselves. We also enjoyed meeting more new people! I love that we are able to meet so many new people and make new friends so fast. It's definitely a perk of being in the same boat (see what I did there??) as a lot of people living around here.

Sunday, we decided to attend a new church we've had our eye on. Not only did the pastor mention "The Pony Express" (which started in St. Joseph, MO- i.e. the husband's hometown), but the message was incredible! We have definitely found our new church (for this time in our lives anyway), and we are very happy to have found it!

After church, the husband and I made our way out to Fort Pickens. In case any of you out there reading this are military, you can get a free pass to all of the national parks! We had no idea, but obviously snagged one! Fort Pickens has some amazing architecture and so many great spots for pictures! I have a photo shoot at the end of this month for a musician, and that's where we are headed! To say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement!

In other news, the husband had his first flight in the T-6 today (he's currently in the air as I type this- so I'll update later about how it went)! He was supposed to fly Thursday, but it got cancelled due to weather, and Friday was the COC (Change of Command) for his squadron. Monday they didn't have a plane, and by Tuesday, he hadn't been in a simulator for a week so he had to do a refresher, so today was the day! He's been studying and practicing so hard , so I have no doubt in my mind he did a great job!

Here are just a "few" (I use that term loosely) of the pictures from this past weekend! :)




















No comments:

Post a Comment