May 9, 2016

Friendship

One of the challenges of being a military wife is making new friends when you arrive at a new duty station. It's so hard sometimes to even know where to begin to look for friends. I am so thankful for the internet and for groups like SOSA. It's because of these things that I have been able to meet some very wonderful women here in Florida, and I feel beyond blessed.

This past weekend was full of friendship, fellowship, fun, and fabulous females (alliteration for the win!). Friday night I attended a Wizard of Oz ladies dinner with our next door neighbor at the church they attend. It was pretty funny to tell people I use to live in Kansas, and have never seen the Wizard of Oz (our neighbor was so sweet and is letting us borrow it-it's on the agenda for this week). It was a wonderful time meeting new people and listening to testimonies from some of the women there. They focused on three words: Courage, Brain, and Heart (apparently there are three representatives in the movie that mirror those traits ;)).  Just listening to the women share their stories makes it impossible to deny how great our God is, and how big His love for us is!  I'm so glad I was able to attend, and I'm also glad I was able to get to know my neighbor and her daughter a little better!

Saturday, we had our monthly SOSA coffee and then a potluck social. The girls I have met through SOSA have been such a blessing to me. Being the hospitality chair has allowed me to meet so many great people that I've been able to connect with right away. I'm in awe with how fast friendships grow around here! It makes sense though, since everyone is on the same page with everything, and we have so much in common. I'm excited to have found a group of friends who are so fun to be around, and I can't wait to see more friendships bloom.

Sunday was obviously Mother's Day, so the husband and I got to FaceTime with both of our mothers. It's always great to see their wonderful faces! Sunday evening, we had two of our couple friends over for dinner! It was the perfect ending to a pretty awesome weekend!


6 comments:

  1. I am so shocked to hear that you haven't seen that movie!!! Hahaha, first time reading your blog and I love it! I am very thankful for you just so you know that :)

    xoxo -another Mrs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Also, I'm thankful for you too! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. SOSA stands for Spouses of Student Aviators- it's a group where the spouses get together for fun socials and volunteer opportunities! :)

      Delete
  3. I wish I could go to some Sosa stuff! They always seem to be bad times for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could too!! I hope you can make it to the one for May!

      Delete