Apr 5, 2017

Birthday Celebrations

Last week was the husband's birthday, so the weekend kind of turned in to his birthday weekend (even though he's not in to that sort of thing). On Friday, we had two of his friends over for a dinner party of sorts, and by that I mean I cooked lasagna (the most delicious lasagna I've ever cooked) and a cake (definitely NOT the most delicious cake I've ever baked...). It was a pretty relaxed night and I think it was exactly how the husband wanted to celebrate his birthday.

On Saturday, we did a lot of nothing during the day, which was definitely needed after my first week back to school after spring break. That night, we went to the beach to take some sunset pictures and then headed out to dinner. We had plans to go back to the beach later that night to take some night pictures, but the weather didn't cooperate with us, so we tabled that idea for another time.

On Sunday we did some housework and I went out to get the husband a proper cake (not baked by me). After the housework, we just relaxed. The husband worked on his puzzle and I got myself ready for the week. I also got to play around with my "new" lens for a bit (I got it at the end of last year, but haven't had much of an opportunity to really play around with it). With some beautiful blooms in the house though, I couldn't help myself!

I've been keeping up with taking pictures, so here are just a few from the weekend! Also, how do you like our makeshift birthday candle? ;)







 





No comments:

Post a Comment