Mar 26, 2016

Part 1

I'm back! The past couple of weeks have been so busy, and obviously I haven't posted during that time, but I promise I had a good excuse!! I've spent the last couple of weeks seeing so many wonderful people, and doing so many fun things. This post seemed a little daunting, so I decided to split it into two parts. I don't want you to be too bored all at once! ;)

A couple of weeks ago, we got a visit from my aunt, uncle, and cousin! They were on their way to Disney World (jealous) and decided to stop here for the night. We were so excited to see them! My cousin had no idea where they were going, and wasn't expecting to see us. His reaction was priceless. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, we LOVE having people visit us *hint hint wink wink*! A couple days after they visited, I hopped on a plane headed to KC. I got to spend 10 days hanging out with the best people!

When I first arrived, I headed to lunch with the parents. We had sea food- go figure! The husband made fun of me, but really it was so darn delicious, I didn't much care. After that, mom and I headed to get manicures. Throughout the day, I also received texts and pictures/snaps of the kitties from the husband. The pictures are shared below, and here are just two of the texts I received:

                         Update 2: The little one has emerged and brought a
                         pink sock as a peace offering. Although she ran away,
                         I have a feeling that she, unlike the big one, is a kind soul.
                         She may be the only thing keeping this house at peace.

                         Hour 3: They have begun fighting amongst themselves. If the
                         little one can't calm tensions between her own kind, there's no
                         telling how much longer peace can be kept between our people.
                         I reluctantly begin to prepare for war.

I seriously cried  I was laughing so hard with some of them. I'm so glad I married someone who has an excellent sense of humor, and who "gets along" with the kitties. I told him to give it three days before they were all over him, and I don't mean to brag or anything, but it took exactly three days...I'm glad he wasn't forced to go to war!

Sunday, mom, dad, and I (aka-the team) headed to the studio to take pictures of the cutest 6 month old! He was seriously a fake-out baby!  You know, the babies that make you want to have babies, except you know they'll never be THAT good. It was great to get back in the studio, and have such an awesome little model to photograph.  After that, I headed to a wedding (basically a Park University reunion). The best friend's brother and his fiance (who I actually went to high school with) tied the knot! She made such a beautiful bride, and it was awesome to see how happy they both were. It was also so great to see and catch up with people I haven't seen in quite awhile, including the best friend's family. They always make me feel like I'm part of the family, and even "adopted" me for the evening. They are some of the best people, and it's hard not to love them!

Monday, I got to see Heather and her three beautiful children. Y'all, she's got the mom thing DOWN. She makes having three kids look easy!! I loved getting to catch up with her, and meet her newest little one. That night, I got to have dinner with Amanda (you may remember her being referred to as "the best friend" in earlier posts, and earlier in this post, but for the sake of my sanity, I'm switching to first names for the most part, because it's too hard to describe EVERYONE with a "title"...except for "the husband", that one gets to stick). Tuesday, I headed up to Lawrence to get lunch and massages with Bailey! We stopped at Chipotle and it was delicious! Don't worry, I had them hold the E. coli.  I had a great time (do we see a theme for the week??), and I can't lie- the massage was wonderful!

Wednesday, I headed up to Parkville to get dinner with my mother-in-law and father-in-law. I loved getting to see them and catch up! I also really enjoyed hearing more stories about the husband, they always share the best ones!!

I didn't remember to take very many pictures, but here are a few from the week (and one from the day I packed).  Stay tuned for Part 2!



The peace offering...










No comments:

Post a Comment