Mar 31, 2016

Happy Birthday!

Today is the husband's birthday! I won't disclose his age, though truly, sometimes he doesn't even remember how old is he (see his birthday "cake"), but he's another year older, we do know that! I'm so happy we got to spend his birthday together this year, even though he's not one to make a big deal of his birthday. I'm sure almost anything beats last year though, when he spent the day doing medical and dental stuff for TBS.

This year he got up at 5 am to head to Whiting to practice in the simulator. I sent him off with muffins for breakfast (definitely made them last night). When he got home, I headed out to pick up lunch, and a few other ingredients for dinner tonight. He requested BBQ chicken. I don't generally get fancy with chicken, but this time I'm actually marinating them. We will see how they turn out. I also picked up his cookie cake. I told him I would bake him a cake, but he insisted on a store bought cookie cake, and really, who am I to argue with what the birthday boy man wants? ;)

This afternoon was pretty relaxed. The husband got to lounge around, and we even started building some shelves for the house! We tried to FaceTime with his parents, but they were on the go, so the connection was bad. He ended up talking to them on the phone while he opened his gift. He was a little surprised it wasn't a crib.

*** When the husband picked me up from the airport last week, he asked me if there was anything I needed to share with him. I was so confused and he asked again if there was something I needed to tell him. I asked him if I should have something to share with him and he said a package had arrived from Bed Bath & Beyond (it also had Buy Buy Baby on it) and he was convinced it was a crib! He thought maybe I went home and told everyone but him we were having a baby....and someone just decided we needed a crib NOW! I don't know where he comes up with these things...

The gift was actually a set of beach chairs! Good thing he likes to share! We are just a bit excited to go to the beach to use them (there's even talk of going this weekend)! After talking with his parents, we FaceTimed my parents so he could open his gift from us. He got a Nikon D7000! Now he's rolling with the big photographers. He's been reading up on the camera, and has told me I'd better watch out. I have a feeling we will also be taking pictures this weekend! Probably at the beach...

Remember in my last post when I said I wasn't very good at taking pictures in the moment? I'm working on it and actually snagged some from today! You don't have to imagine everything this time! You're welcome. ;)











No comments:

Post a Comment